Monday, May 11, 2015

Amazon India - What a Deal OR Fake Deal!

All knows that Amazon India was up with a Sale on May 6, 7 and 8. This is not the first time that the eCommerce platforms are doing this. Flipkart too has done it earlier and I guess they burnt their hands with server issues, return payments, payment gateway issues and returns.

I orders a memory SD card on May 5. A day before the sale. And I was the victim. Amazon assured me that the delivery will be done on May 9. It is May 11 today and yet I am to receive it.

But, astonishing is the wrong updates and status entered on the order tracking page. The delivery person made attempt on May 7 and 8. But, as none was available they have to return back. But, FYI, I have provided my office address, which works 24 hours and 7 days a week. The security person was already informed. Then, how the delivery person missed this. Even, I was not called on my mobile to know my availability.

I contacted the support and they were unable to explain properly. They say due to network issues wrong status were entered. Surprised... that the network issue is since three days.


Posted it on the Facebook page as well.

Update - May 12, 2015

To my surprise, I received three different responses from three support folks. I have pasted their replies below and they are self-explanatory.

Reply #1

I’m really sorry that you’ve not received the order yet. This is definitely not what we want our valuable customers to experience. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience.
I will surely help you on this.

As I have checked the order detail, I see the tracking status of order shows "Delivery attempted" due to courier networking issue.
 
So to my best, I have contacted the shipping team and ask them for order status. They have updated me that order was delayed due to technical issue we fail to deliver the order on 9 May 2015, we will deliver the order within 24-48 hours.
 
Please know that this situation was the result of a combination of technical and human errors, and that in no way did we intend for this to happen.

Be assured you will receive your order shortly without any further delay.

Please be assured that I'll do the best I can help you deliver your package at the earliest. I understand that my reply may not help you, but I hope you will understand the situation which was created by the courier team.

Its my humble request to give us the chance to deliver the product within 24-48 hours at your doorstep.

Notes: So, I learn that there are 'courier networking' issue as well. And, order is delayed (and not the delivery of the order) due to technical issue. WOW, technology is involved to deliver the product.

Reply #2

I'm sorry to hear your memory card didn't arrive by the estimated delivery date of Saturday 9 May 2015. Please wait a little longer, until Wednesday 13 May 2015 for your package to reach you. If your package doesn't arrive by Wednesday 13 May 2015, you can request a refund for this product.
I understand that this package is important to you. I've escalated this issue to Aramex and I've also requested the team to try delivering your package as soon as possible.

I have also requested them to call you on XXXXXXXX41 at the time of delivery. As an alternative to get this issue resolved you may contact Aramex at the below address:
Aramex India
No. 1 and 2, Ground Floor of Sai Teja Apartments,Mehdipatnam - 500028, Andhra Pradesh.
Phone (Customer Service):+91 (40) 33003300


I'll follow up with you to see if you've received the package after Wednesday 13 May 2015 and will issue a refund if you've still not received your order.

Notes: I did not order my memory card. I have my brains. And, now the delivery date is moved to May 13. And, still they do not know that we have a new state called Telangana.

Reply #3

I'm so sorry you haven't received the order for  Raspberry Pi 2 - MODB - 1GB - Quad core yet.
I've now sent a request to the courier asking them to deliver this package by tomorrow.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Notes: I did not order for Raspberry Pi 2 - MODB. Please do not deliver that to me. Copy and pasting is a very bad habit. Even if you do, do it carefully. The delivery date has changed to May 12 now. And, look at the usage of two contradictory statements. Lastly, I am not at all interested in seeing you again.

Latest and Last Update: The product was delivered to me on May 12, 2015 at about 7PM. At last!

Let me know if anyone of you have also had a similar experience with any of the online stores. Please do share. Such feedbacks will really help them to be aware and improve the customer service.

No comments: